Area Rug Cleaning Services in San Pedro, California
Rugs are more than just something to walk on. Area rugs add character and color to rooms, which is why it is a must-have component of interior home design. And while you think that cleaning your rugs every now and then should be enough, dirt and dust accumulate deep down rugs over time.
Thus, you will need to hire the best area rug cleaning in San Pedro, California experts and you can find them at our company. Doing so, will protect your precious rug as well as maintaining a healthy environment for your family.
Area Rug VS. Carpet: What the Difference?
While these two words are typically used interchangeably, they are not the same. Rugs refer to a floor covering which does not extend throughout the entire room and is not secured to the floor.
Meanwhile, carpets mean wall-to-wall carpeting covering up the entire flooring of the room and is attached with glue and tacking strips so that it does not come up and cause a tripping hazard.
How Often Should Area Rugs Be Cleaned?
This greatly depends on the kind of rug you have and where it is located. For the area rugs that experience the normal traffic, you can clean it once every 1 – 5 years depending on the amount of traffic that it gets. However, for the high traffic area rugs, or homes with pets and kids, you will need to clean it yearly.
But at Sutherland, we highly recommend that your rugs in entrance ways, kitchens, bathrooms, and hallways should be professionally cleaned every 1 – 2 years. Area rugs in family rooms, dining rooms, and living rooms, will require cleanings for 2 – 4 years. Area rugs in the bedroom will only need professional cleaning once every 5 years.
How Should You Know When It’s Time to Hire Us?
Try these simple tests:
- Kneel down on the rug and smell it. If you detect a foul odor, then it is time to have it professionally cleaned.
- If your hand becomes dirty after rubbing your palm on the rug, it is time for an expert cleaning.
- Lift the rug and shake it once or twice. If there’s a dust cloud forming, then it is definitely time to clean.
- With the area rug facing up, fold a cornerback, away from the pile, exposing the fiber base. If there is dirt deep in the pile, then you need to have it professionally cleaned.
Why You Should Avail Our Services?
Keeping your home clean takes too much energy and time. And regardless of how diligent you clean your area rug, eventually, it will need a deeper and more thorough cleaning. Instead of pulling out the buckets, mops, brushes and special cleaning products, leave it to the pros.
Here are other reasons why you need to work with us:
- Long-Term Savings
- Healthier Indoor Air
- The right tools to do a better job
- Clean area rugs last longer
- Deeper clean
- Effective but gentle cleaning for delicate area rugs
- Free time for your family
Types of Area Rug We Clean
- Flatwoven rugs
- Pile rugs
- Hooked rugs
- Braided rugs
- Machine-made rugs
- Flokati rugs
- Oriental rugs
Cleaning Area Rugs: Here’s How We Do It
- INSPECTION: We inspect your area rugs for bleach marks, burns, stains, fading, color-bleeding, and other existing damage.
- PRE-TESTING: WE will test a small area of your area rug in order to determine the best cleaning method to use.
- CLEANING: We use a gentle cleaning process that removes dust, dirt, and allergens without damaging the rug dyes or fibers.
- DRYING: We dry in San Pedro, California area rugs in order to maintain their shape. In order to speed up drying times, we use fans or air movers.
Professional Rug Cleaning Makes All The Difference
Area rugs tend to have delicate fibers, constructions, and dyes, which can be easily damaged by DIY procedures. At Sutherland, we have the training, necessary equipment, and experience to properly clean your rugs while ensuring its longevity.